Dual citizenship destroys the integrity of American citizenship
by tonytran2015 (Melbourne, Australia).
Click here for a full, up to date ORIGINAL ARTICLE and to help fighting the stealing of readers’ traffic.
(Blog No. 153)
#dual citizenship, #multiple citizenship, #citizen in name only, #American in name only, #inclusiveness,
Dual citizenship destroys the integrity of American citizenship.
1. Unsuccessful attempt by Nixon’s Government to defend the integrity of American citizenship.
Believe it or not, the Secretary of State Dean Rusk of Nixon administration was the last defender of the integrity of American citizenship. There are well known 3 court cases involving his Department of State to protect the integrity of US Citizenship [1,2,3].
The actions of the Department of State was not to have some dramatic outcomes of the nature of the case cited in  but sought to uphold the integrity of the American citizenship. Citizenship up to then was to mean exclusive loyalty to only one single country.
However the actions failed and American citizenship from there on has become a commodity with no sacred value.
2. The rise of “dual citizenship”.
The failure of Nixon’s government to uphold the exclusiveness of American citizenship has open a flood gate to many non-clear-cut situations which are now acknowledged in US government’s websites.
The official website of the Department of State of USA states that
“U.S. law does not mention dual nationality or require a person to choose one nationality or another. A U.S. citizen may naturalize in a foreign state without any risk to his or her U.S. citizenship. However, persons who acquire a foreign nationality after age 18 by applying for it may relinquish their U.S. nationality if they wish to do so .”
and as long as a “dual citizen” keeps clear of the following acts, he would preserve his “dual citizenship”
“Section 349 of the INA (8 U.S.C. 1481), as amended, states that U.S. nationals are subject to loss of nationality if they perform certain specified acts voluntarily and with the intention to relinquish U.S. nationality. Briefly stated, these acts include:
- obtaining naturalization in a foreign state after the age of 18 (Sec. 349 (a) (1) INA);
- taking an oath, affirmation or other formal declaration of allegiance to a foreign state or its political subdivisions after the age of 18 (Sec. 349 (a) (2) INA);
- entering or serving in the armed forces of a foreign state engaged in hostilities against the United States or serving as a commissioned or non-commissioned officer in the armed forces of a foreign state (Sec. 349 (a) (3) INA);
- accepting employment with a foreign government after the age of 18 if (a) one has the nationality of that foreign state or (b) an oath or declaration of allegiance is required in accepting the position (Sec. 349 (a) (4) INA);
- formally renouncing U.S. nationality before a U.S. diplomatic or consular officer outside the United States (sec. 349 (a) (5) INA);
- formally renouncing U.S. nationality within the United States (The Department of Homeland Security is responsible for implementing this section of the law, and any inquiries should be directed to DHS) (Sec. 349 (a) (6) INA);
- conviction for an act of treason against the Government of the United States or for attempting by force to overthrow, or bear arms against, the Government of the United States (Sec. 349 (a) (7) INA). ”.
This makes it easy for “dual citizens” to exploit their (unfair?) advantages over traditional citizens of the USA.
There has been then many organizations promoting “dual citizenship” and even “multiple citizenship” . A typical promotion is
“…Typically, no American will forfeit his or her citizenship by undertaking the responsibilities of citizenship in another country. This is true even if the responsibilities include traveling with a foreign passport, voting in another country’s election, or running for and/or serving in public office of another country. In most cases, it is unimportant to U.S. authorities whether another country also claims you as a citizen.
The loss of U.S. citizenship can only occur if a person’s actions demonstrate an intent to give up his or her citizenship. Such actions might include:
- Serving in the armed forces of a country which is engaged in hostilities against the United States.
- Formally renouncing one’s U.S. citizenship in front of a duly authorized U.S. official.
- Committing an act of treason against the United States, or attempting or conspiring to overthrow the U.S. Government..”
More definitions and cautions on multi-citizenship can be found in [8-11]. The situation is so hilarious that there is currently something like a contest to reach the most multiple number of citizenship [12,13,14,15,16].
3. American citizenship has reduced to only a registration for entitlement.
So American citizenship has now reduced to a registration for entitlements and has lost its traditional sacred value. The rulings in the case of Kawakita_v._United_States  would now seem to be even more confusing.
The questions arising are:
- There is not yet any hostility between Am and J. If an American citizen K returns to its other country J and serve in the military there. Does citizen K lose his American citizenship ?
- Am and J declare war on each other. This is not in the intention of K ! Does K then lose his citizenship or does he commit treason against Am by the action of J ?
During the tension time between Greece and Turkey regarding Aegean sea (1987) , there were in Australia many “Greek – Australian dual citizens” as well as “Turkish – Australian dual citizens”. The question arising then was: If those “dual citizens” maimed one another in Aegean sea and return to Australia who will pay for the treatments and invalidity pensions of those war veterans?
“Dual citizenship” has thus caused a mess for many administrations. There is an American organization pointing out many of those problems . Dual and multiple citizenship have been seen as a creeping power-grab by globalist movements .
“Dual citizenship” is thus an antithesis to nationalism on which most nations are based on. Opening the flood gate to “dual citizenship” is the first step to con Americans to abolish nationalism. Surely, the American lefts have now called for a World Order without border and with only their (destructive or otherwise) ideology .
4. Dual citizenship in competing countries.
Russia had embraced the concept of “Dual Citizenship” following the dissolution of the Soviet Union but is now backing out of that system [21-24]. Chinese “nationality law states that China does not recognize dual nationality with any other country (Article 3), although the clause can be interpreted differently based on the residency of a Chinese national.” . India does not allow widespread dual citizenship . There are many other countries taking the same view [10,27,28]
5. Dual citizens can now even stand for American elected offices.
Having citizenship in the host country is not an end in this game. The citizens of a foreign country Z will next demand inclusiveness in politics. They claim that they can never be released of their citizenship from their former country, or claiming that is not convenient for them. So they demand the right to be considered Dual Citizens !
The concept of “Dual Citizens holding high Elected Offices” is outrageous to Australians [29-34] and citizens of many other countries such as Russia [21-24], China  but is not for Americans .
6. Troubling future for countries with congresses made up from dual citizens.
There is a possible hypothetical case: A country Z can organize its “dual citizens” in country A to vote to give all national wealth of country A to country Z. After that all “dual citizens” of A renounces their citizenship from A and enjoy their rich lives in country Z. Only the “sole citizens” of A have to remain in A and suffer poverty.
This is a second hypothetical case: A country Z can organize its “dual citizens” with Citizenship In Name Only in both country A and country B to start war between those two powerful countries. This will certainly bring country Z to a dominant position after A and B have been both destructed and exhausted by wars. Some people have suspected that many countries have been brought into the past two World Wars by these types of plans.
7. Notes to commenters.
This is a sensitive issues to many countries. Only comments on theoretical aspects are accepted. Comments mentioning names of races or ethnic groups will not be accepted.
Added after 2018 Aug 15:
(“While Israelis may hold dual citizenship, a Basic Law passed in 1958 states that Knesset members cannot pledge allegiance as parliamentarians unless their foreign citizenship has been revoked under the laws of that country.”)
. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Turks_in_Germany, (“If today  we give in to demands for dual citizenship, we would soon have four, five, or six million Turks in Germany, instead of three million – Chancellor Helmut Kohl, in 1997.”)
. https://www.yahoo.com/news/german-migrant-program-offers-cautions-us-073113485.html, March 29, 2013, (“Chancellor Angela Merkel’s government has refused calls from Turkish and other immigrant communities to allow dual citizenship. Many immigrants are reluctant to apply for German citizenship because they want to hold on to their original nationality.”)
. https://cnstopstories.com/2018/08/17/citizenship-question-for-2020-census-prompts-strong-criticism-lawsuits/, (Census question on citizenship is now even considered offensive).
RELATED Social Issues Blogs
Latest Social Issues Blogs,
Understanding Allying to Distant Powers to Subjugate Immediate Neighbours, Understanding the Strike then Consolate Tactic , Understanding China’s Perpetual Wars against its neighbours ,
SURVIVAL BLOG SURVIVAL CONTENTS BLOG IMAGE OF SURVIVAL CONTENTS
MONEY BLOG MONEY CONTENTS BLOG IMAGE OF MONEY CONTENTS
SOCIAL ISSUES BLOG SOCIAL ISSUES CONTENTS BLOG IMAGE OF CONT. OF SOCIAL ISSUES
LIVING BLOG LIVING CONTENTS BLOG IMAGE OF LIVING CONTENTS
HOW TO BLOG HOW TO CONTENTS BLOG IMAGE OF HOW TO CONTENTS
ARCHIVAL HOME PAGE CONTENTS HOME PAGE BLOG IMAGE OF CONTENTS HOME PAGE