“And I laid out a series of questions that any good journalist would want to answer about why people were unmasked, and I just wanted to follow up with you guys on that. Did anyone take it upon themselves to pose any questions about Michael Flynn and unmasking to President Obama’s spokesperson?”
“Oh, not a single journalist has posed that question,” McEnany noted, following a brief silence.
“So I would like to lay out a series of questions that perhaps if I write them out in a slide format—maybe we’re visual learners and you guys will follow up with journalistic curiosity,” she continued, and launched into a series of five questions, which were accompanied by pre-prepared slides.
The slides showed these five questions:
- Why did the Obama administration use opposition research, funded by a political organization and filled with foreign dirt, to surveil on members of the Trump campaign?
- Why was Lt. Gen. Michael Flynn unmasked by Obama’s chief of staff, Joe Biden, Susan Rice, and others?
- Why was Flynn’s identity leaked—a criminal act—to the press?
- Why did the DOJ learn about the FBI’s interest in Flynn’s conversations with the Russian ambassador from a conversation with Obama in the Oval Office?
- Why did James Clapper, John Brennan, Samantha Power, and Susan Rice privately admit under oath that they had no evidence of collusion while saying the opposite publicly?
“It’s a long weekend, you guys have three days to follow up on those questions and I certainly hope the next time I ask, some hands go up. Because Obama’s spokesperson should be asked those questions, because President Trump’s spokespeople certainly would be,” McEnany told reporters before leaving the room