Estonia gave 2,400 Makarov pistols, which were previously in service with the Estonian army, to Ukrainian servicemen, reported the Estonian Defense Ministry.
The press service of the Estonian Defense Ministry noted that the batch of pistols was given to the Ukrainain Army in order to support Ukraine’s defense capability.
Estonian Defense Minister Jüri Luik called “the Russian aggression, which continues in Crimea and the Donbas, unacceptable”. “With this shipment we are supporting our close partner who has been at war for six years,” said Luik.
He added that Estonia is also helping Ukraine with training special operations forces and military medics, as well as sharing experience in the field of territorial defense and cybersecurity.
The Estonian Army is switching to a different caliber of fire arms in accordance to NATO standards and does not need Makarov pistols. The cargo will be delivered at the expense of the Estonian side
Interestingly, the US Navy and Chinese state-run newspaper Global Times had an exchange this weekend after on Sunday GT issued a veiled threat hyping Beijing’s advanced missile arsenal. China has a wide selection of anti-aircraft carrier weapons like DF-21D and DF-26 “aircraft carrier killer” missiles, the state-run paper said.
It then said any aircraft carrier movement in the region “is at the pleasure of PLA”.
“And yet, there they are,” the Navy Chief of Information Twitter account posted, saying the US ships “are not intimidated” because their exercises and navigation are “at our discretion”.
US Special Presidential Envoy for Arms Control Marshall Billingslea on 3July called Russia’s next-generation Poseidon and Burevestnik, experimental nuclear-powered as well as nuclear-armed submarine and air missile systems, “terrible” and urged for their abolition, while citing
allegations of a rise in radiation levels in northern Europe.Moscow rejects the allegations of non-compliance with the Threshold Test Ban
Treaty*, the Russian Foreign Ministry said in a statement. The ministry went on to explain that the US claims regarding Russia’s alleged
non-compliance with the 1974 treaty between the Soviet Union and the
United States on limiting underground nuclear tests were built on completely false premises.
“Predictably, the US allegations that
Russia has breached the moratorium on nuclear tests by conducting
experiments that do not meet the US ‘zero-yield’ standard have not been
supported by any evidence. Moreover, the US has admitted that it knows
neither the number of such tests in 2019, nor whether they have been
conducted at all”, the ministry spokesperson said.
According to the Russian Foreign Ministry, Moscow’s international
obligations do not entail compliance with any “US standards” with regard
to nuclear tests.
“These insinuations have seemingly
been floated to divert attention from the Comprehensive Nuclear-Test-Ban
Treaty (CTBT)”, the ministry spokesperson said, adding that “by
refusing to ratify the CTBT, the US put it on the brink of complete
For several months now, various Russia officials have voiced concerns
about the US government’s campaign, aided by the media, to prepare the
ground for abandoning the CTBT.
“Claims on Russia’s alleged violation
of obligations under the 1974 US-Soviet Treaty on the Limitation of
Underground Nuclear Weapon Tests, which stipulate that parties inform
each other on any conducted tests, are built on false ‘premises”, the
The multilateral CTBT was adopted by the United Nations General
Assembly in 1966 to halt all nuclear tests, both for civilian and
military purposes. The treaty will enter into force once all 44 states
listed in Annex 2 of the document ratify it. The United States is among
the minority of countries which have not yet ratified the document. All
European countries, including Russia, have ratified the treaty.
“We officially confirm that Russia
continues to strictly adhere to the declared moratorium on nuclear tests
and to comply with the Comprehensive Nuclear-Test-Ban Treaty (CTBT)
provisions pertaining to the prohibition of tests, despite the fact that
the treaty has not entered into force”, a ministry spokesperson said.
The ministry pointed out that any discussions of alleged
non-compliance with the United States are counterproductive as long as
Washington has not ratified the treaty.
“Unlike the United States, we ratified
it 20 years ago and are successfully implementing it. At the same time,
we proceed from the fact that any disagreements regarding the criteria
for compliance with relevant obligations can and should be resolved
within the framework of the CTBT after its entry into force”, the
Russia has the impression that the US is preparing to stop observing the voluntary nuclear test moratorium, the ministry said.
Late last month, the US Department of State released its annual
Compliance Report pertaining to the implementation of arms control
commitments by the US and other countries. Russia, in particular, has
been alleged in having conducted “nuclear weapons-related experiments
that have created nuclear yield” in violation of the 1974 US-Soviet
Treaty on the Limitation of Underground Nuclear Weapon Tests, also known
as the Threshold Test Ban Treaty (TTBT). In the very next sentence, the
State Department clarified that it “does not know how many, if any”
such experiments were conducted by Moscow in 2019.
*The Treaty on the Limitation of Underground Nuclear Weapons
Tests, also known as the Threshold Test Ban Treaty (TTBT), was signed in
July 1974 by the United States and the Soviet Union. The treaty established a nuclear “threshold” by prohibiting nuclear tests of devices having a yield surpassing 150 kilotons after 31 March 1976.
Sat, 07/04/2020 – 16:25
The U.S. prosecutors allege that these payments made between Caracas and Tehran will help fund the Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps (IRGC), who Washington has designated as a terrorist organization.
“[These payments] support the IRGC’s full range of nefarious activities, including the proliferation of weapons of mass destruction and their means of delivery, support for terrorism, and a variety of human rights abuses, at home and abroad”, U.S. Attorney for the District of Columbia Zia Faruqui claims in the filing.
The prosecutors claims that Iranian businessman, Mahmoud Madanipour, who is allegedly behind these shipments, is affiliated with the IRGC and has been using his firms based in the United Arab Emirates to organize the sale of Iranian crude while evading the unilateral American sanctions, according to the newspaper.
Author: Tyler Durden
In 2022, Russia plans to begin the deployment of a next-generation satellite communications system in space, which will allow global control of the planet’s surface, stated in an interview with the newspaper Red Star Commander-in-Chief of the Russian Air and Space Forces Colonel-General Sergey Surovikin.
According to Surovikin, the program will be carried out as part of the creation of the Unified Space System. The deployment of an orbiting space reconnaissance system will begin in 2023 following the launch of phase three communication satellites.
Comment by tonytran2015: Which spying school still teaches its trainees to carry tourist/(public transport) maps and compass ? Haha !
- The article claimed that Australia was “a veteran” when it comes to espionage
- It said China arrested Australian agents in an operation in 2018
- The allegations come days after an AFP raid on a NSW Labor MP
Beijing’s main attack dog media outlet the Global Times published an article
saying an Australian spying operation was disrupted in China two years ago.
The jingoistic tabloid posted pictures of what it claimed were items seized, which included a map of Shanghai and a compass.
It also claimed Australian spies were operating under the cover of diplomatic passports from the embassy in Beijing.
The paper said Chinese authorities arrested the Australian spies involved in the alleged operation.
The claims come amid increasing concern about China’s espionage activities
in Australia, with China warning it will take stronger measures to crack down on Australian espionage.
NSW Labor leader Jodi McKay will move to suspend
Shaoquett Moselmane from Parliament, a day after the Government
announced it planned do just that.
- MP Shaoquett Moselmane was suspended from the Labor Party on Friday
- He is under investigation from ASIO and the AFP for alleged Chinese agent links
- The motion to suspend from Parliament won’t occur until August due to winter break
Mr Moselmane, an Upper House MP, is being investigated over allegations Chinese Government agents had infiltrated his office.
He was suspended from the Labor Party on Friday after his house and office were raided by agents from the Australian Federal Police in a joint-investigation with ASIO.
It meant that Mr Moselmane was no longer part of Labor Caucus but could still sit in the Upper House as a member of parliament.
The pictures shot on Monday by US-based space
technology firm Maxar Technologies show what appear to be extensive
Chinese structures on a raised river terrace overlooking the river.
India says the area where the structures have sprung up are on its side of the poorly defined border.
US President Donald Trump has announced during a joint press conference with Polish President Andrzej Duda in Washington.
Warsaw “will be paying for the sending of some additional troops, we’ll probably be sending them from Germany to Poland,” Trump said on Wednesday.
Earlier this month, he confirmed that the US will be removing up to
9,500 troops from its bases in Germany, leaving 25,000 or so in place.
Trump CONFIRMS pullout of US troops from Germany, until Berlin pays ‘delinquent’ NATO bills