2020 July 23
Australian Federal Government
Federal Government has realized that its has given more money to people during the pandemic than they would have earned without Covid.
Some part-time employed people are happy with the Jobkeeper payment of $1400/fornight from the Federal Government. They would earn far less than that without the pandemic.
Unemployed people are happy that they received $600/fornight additional payments for Jobseeker package during the pandemic.
Struggling business so far has received nothing for themselves. Jobkeeper packages are to be forwarded to their employees.
Budget deficit with Covid is of order AUD 200 Billions over an economy of about AUD 2000 Billion.
Reasonable responsibility of Australian Federal Government has made Australian dollar climbing to USD 0.71.
Government of the Victorian State of Australia
Everyday the Premier of the State has 30 minute TV prime time show. He rarely tells the main points of his talks.
People are still in the dark about where the hot spots are and how infectious they are.
Landlords cannot evict tenants until September no matter how destructive the tenants are to their properties.
State Goverments in Australia receive GST taxes collected by Federal Government on their behalves.
State Land Tax has shot up to about AUD 600/year for small apartments in Melbourne. There are minuscule reductions to land taxes to landlords who reduce rents to struggling tenants.
Local Governments in Victoria
Local councils should have:
• Set up sanitizer dispensers at busy spots in each council.
• Set up distribution points for sanitizers, masks, toilet papers, food.
• Organize the distribution of food and toilet paper to residents who cannot go to shop.
They all have not done anything like that.
• Right now salary employees of Councils are enjoying reduced work load while their salaries are still the same.
Instead, Brimbank City still sent out Globe Replacers to 2 Sisters Restaurant on its main shopping strip on the date of 2020 July 22nd. What a joke of accountability.
Lord Mayor of City of Melbourne said she leads by example. She has done not many useful things for the pandemic and is proud of staying home and pulling out a permit system for take away food delivery. Let us remember that she is receiving a salary whether she stays at home ir not.
City of Brimbanks dig up its main shopping strip without much consultation with its shop owners. Fortunately for the City of Brimbanks, the pandemic had come at the right time and no one pay anymore attention on the digging of the main shopping strip.
These governments are at third levels, are under the Minister of Local Governments of each State Government. These Local goverments are mostly wasters of council rates collected from residents. Rates are currently AUD 700/year for small apartments in Melbourne.
Only 1/2 of collected rates are actually spent on Real Services: Rubbish collection, Road repairs, Primary Schools, Library, Parks.
The other half of collected rates are WASTED on:
• Oversea Study Trips by Councillors. The trips should be better given to permanent employees of councils.
• Paying costs for Councilors to attend Council matters. This includes the outrageous child minding costs for the grand children of a Councilor!
• Wastefull projects like Gender Equality Traffic Signs, LGBT promotion, Climate emergency.
• Outright wastes such as employing well connected business to replace 2 light globes (bought at AUD 10/ pair) for residents at a cost of AUD 100 / (2 light globes) to the Councils.